Rummy Technical Solutions
What are the recommended system requirements?
To ensure that you have a pleasant gaming experience with Classic Rummy, we recommend the following system requirements:
- CPU - Pentium 4 and above is recommended.
- RAM - You should be able to run the game with a 512MB RAM. However, we recommend 1 GB RAM for smooth running of the game.
- Operating System - Windows XP and above, Linux, Mac OSX.
- Screen Resolution - 1024x768 is recommended.
- Speakers to ensure that you can hear the alert sounds of the game.
- Flash Player 10 or above need to be installed. To download the latest Flash Player, click here.
What browsers does Classic Rummy support?
While Classic Rummy is functional on different browsers, we recommend and support the following browsers:
- Microsoft IE 7 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above
- Google Chrome 7 and above
What is the minimum requirements of Internet Connection speed?
It is strongly recommended that you have a hi-speed Internet connection for a smooth experience. The recommend requirements: Connection Speed - 256kbps and above.
How can I determine my actual connection speed?
To check loss percentage and latency, please follow the steps:
- Go to Start
- Click on Run
- Type cmd.
- In the command prompt screen, type ping www.google.com
- You will see the specific information and statistics that will determine the connection speed and loss percentage.
- Note that the loss percentage should be below 2% and the latency should be below 500ms on average.
When do I get the message “Unable to connect to the server error”?
You will experience this error if your internet connection speed is not suitable for playing multi-player rummy games. It is a result of a breaking connection from your end to our servers.
We recommend that you try playing again after 15 to 20 minutes if you experience the above error. If you are playing from Internet cafés, please ensure that not more than 3 or 4 people are logged in at the same time.
Classic Rummy, from time to time, goes for a downtime for maintenance issues. You will experience this error in such cases. However, all the downtimes are planned and are communicated to our players well in advance.
NOTE THAT THE SPEED REQUIRED TO PLAY GAMES AT CLASSIC RUMMY NEEDS TO BE MORE THAN THAT REQUIRED FOR CASUAL INTERNET BROWSING, CHATTING, EMAILING, ETC.
Do firewalls and ports interrupt the play?
Classic Rummy uses port 8080. If the port is blocked by firewall/anti-virus software, you might experience issues accessing the game.
All the above information is good, but I still need help with a different problem?
Contact Us. We will be glad to further assist you.