13 Card Indian Rummy Official Rules – ClassicRummy
Played by a vast majority, Indian rummy has come a long way. Now trending on online platforms like ClassicRummy where you can sit at home and make money online.
Indian rummy is played by many professionals on a daily basis. Online rummy is a challenging skill game that will keep you fully focused.
Download the ClassicRummy app today! Make money playing online rummy games with 2 decks from home.
Before starting rummy rules for the 13 card game and its variants, you should know the rummy basics. Continue reading to learn how to play this game that is loved by many.
Rummy Card Rules – Card Game with 2 Decks
Normally played with a single deck, rummy can also be played with 2 decks if there are 5 or more players. Play online rummy with 2 decks and make money from home.
What are the Rummy Rules? While playing online rummy game
- Rummy is also known as the 13 card game, which is played across India with 1 or 2 decks of cards.
- The player needs to have analytical skills and good observation of the opponent’s cards to play this game.
- This rummy game can be played between 2 to 6 players with 2 decks of playing cards.
- Each deck or pack of cards contains 52 cards which include a set of four suits – Spades, Diamond, Clubs & Hearts, and a face joker.
- If you are with your group of friends with more than 5 people, you will need 2 decks of cards (i.e., a total of 104 cards) to play the Indian rummy game.
Download the online rummy gaming app and make money playing free tourneys only at ClassicRummy.
Check them out! Below listed how to play rummy rules for 13 cards
Indian Rummy Toss
Before the rummy game starts, the 2 decks of cards are shuffled and placed on a table.
Then each player has to pick one card from the deck of cards randomly to decide who discards and picks the first card. This is known as toss.
Keep Going- “How to Play Rummy Rules”
The player who picks the highest card (A, K, Q, J in descending order) gets to play the first card (open card), and the player with the lowest card deals out 13 cards to each player.
Next, all players would be seated in a circle based on the scores/value of the card picked by them during the toss.
According to the Indian Rummy rules, each player is now dealt 13 cards, and the remaining cards would be kept on the table.
Two of these cards would be taken out randomly – the first one becomes the ‘open card’ and the other one becomes a ‘joker card’ (face joker / a number / J, Q, K, A).
The player sitting next to the one who deals all the cards to all players gets the open card.
Indian Official Rummy Rules
“Learn the Indian rummy rules while playing rummy online”
- The basic objective of the game is to make valid sets out of the 13 cards which are dealt with each player.
- Shuffle the cards properly, and place them on the table with a face down.
- Then each player is allowed to pick a random card to decide who would be dealing the cards. This is called the toss.
- The player with the highest card wins the toss, and he/she must distribute (deal) 13 cards to each player from the pile of cards placed on the table.
- Playing the game: All players need to start making sets in the below format:
- Life1: Should be the order of not less than three cards of the same suite.
- The first life needs to be a pure sequence, and shouldn’t have a joker card. Below is an example of it:
- Life2: It must be a sequence of at least three cards of the same suite. It may or may not have a joker. Here’s an example
- Set 1 and Set 2 can be a sequence or a triplet. It may or may not contain a joker. Here’s an example:
Tips and tricks for Winning at Indian Rummy Game Every Time
Winning the Rummy Game
It’s 201 points system game wherein the player has to keep the points as low as possible to win the game.
Players who reach 201 points would be eliminated from the table.
The very first player who makes the above valid sequence & sets will place a “Show”.
And, the other players’ points would be counted, keeping aside the valid sets.
Here is the complete guide on how to play Indian Rummy online.
Indian Rummy Rules: Indian Rummy Game Variations
There are 5 game variants that anyone can play with two decks of cards:
- Pool Rummy (101, 201) – The objective of Pool Rummy is to have the least score in each game. Players get eliminated once they reach 101/201 points. The player who is left at the end of the games is declared the winner.
- Deals Rummy – Players play a certain number of deals to conclude the game based on the points they score.
- Strikes (or) Points Rummy – Points Rummy is the fastest form of Rummy. Each game lasts for 1 deal only. In Points Rummy, players play for points that have a pre-decided rupee value. A single winner wins all the cash at the end of each game.
The above is the standard rummy rules followed across India where 2 decks of playing cards are used to play rummy.
Play Rummy and Win Cash Daily only as ClassicRummy.