A Dummy’s Guide to Play Indian Rummy
Want to learn how to play the indian rummy card game?
Well, your mind might be flooded with loads of questions and a bit of confusion.
But, if you are thinking that this would be difficult and you may take a long while before actually learning the game, fret not!
Here, we will explain all the basic stuff you need to know in order to get started.
What is Rummy (Indian)?
Rummy Card game is a draw-and-discard game wherein the players get a set of cards each, which must be improved in the course of the game.
There are several versions of this game and here we will talk about the Indian rummy game explained for dummies.
It is played with a deck of cards and each deck consists of 54 cards. It can be played with 2 or more players, and more decks of cards might be needed for more players.
Game Objective Rummy for Dummies:
Basically, your goal is to meld (arrange) your cards into the following two types of combinations:
- Sequences: These are consecutive arrangement of 3 or more cards of the same suit.
- Sets: These are 3 or 4 cards of the same rank but different suits.
How to Play Rummy for Dummies (Rules for 13 Card Game )?
Remember this is easy but you might need to play more and practice in the beginning until you get a hang of it.
Not only does it help you get better, you will enjoy the rummy card game all the more.
So, here we explain how to get started:
- Usually, 2 decks are used in a game and there are about 2-6 players.
- Now, one dealer is randomly chosen among the players, and thereafter each player takes the role for the games that follow.
- The dealer shuffles all the cards together and distributes 13 cards each to every player.
- Randomly, the dealer picks out a card from the remaining deck and it becomes the ‘Joker’,
- which is a wild card that substitutes all other cards in the game.
- Apart from this, there are 2 printed Jokers too that have the same feature.
- The points/value of the cards increase in the ascending order: Ace, 2, 3….. 10, Jack, Queen and King.
- However, Ace, Jack, Queen and King hold 10 points each and the number cards represent the value of the respective numbers.
- You can declare win once you have:
- at least 1 pure sequence (a sequence without Jokers)
- another sequence (can be with or without Jokers)
- all other cards can be sets or runs
How to Win Rummy?
Here are some points to remember while playing rummy in order to better your winning chances:
- Closely watch the pile of cards in the centre and understand how to use it.
- Observe how the players pick and discard the cards, evaluate the pattern and plan your moves accordingly.
- Disguise your pure sequence by mixing it with other cards.
- Re-check your cards before declaring.
Play Online Rummy Now!