Skill or Luck – Play rummy online and figure it!
In the Indian context just the word “Rummy” evokes a sense of nostalgia in most of us. Almost all of us have played this game at some point in time in our lives. Either it was to kill time, some entertainment activity with friends /family or just a keen interest in the modality of the game itself. This age old game is now available on Classic Rummy. The 13 card rummy is the Indian variant of Classic Rummy.
Some basic pointers on how the game is played
- This falls under the category of draw and discard games, the goal is to improve your hand by handling sets of cards and assembling particular sequence adhering to the set rules of the game
- It is played with two pack of cards and two jokers and these are ranked from low to high Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen and King
- Ace can be used as 1 or a face card when composing the sets
- In each turn, a player picks up the top card from the open deck or the card from the closed deck, and discards a card from his hand in to the open deck, or shows his hand by closing the card and revealing the rest of the 13 cards in sets that comply with the game rules.
- The game is won when a player calls for a SHOW. If there are 13 cards which can be projected in particular sets and are in accordance with the game rules, the player can then call for a SHOW
What makes the Indian Classic Rummy interesting is the permutation and combination of strategies that can be formulated to play the online 13 card game. It is definitely a game of skill with some blessings from Lady Luck. So, Bring back the good old days and enjoy a game or two of Indian Rummy on www.classicrummy.com